Twitter me this, Twitter me that

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, February 10, 2010

    Take off with 'The Aeroplanes'

    It wasn't until last night that I became familiar with the band 'The Aeroplanes'. I never heard any of their music let alone who they even were. It wasn't easy at first because google kept trying to direct my search towards airplanes. I could have made it easier on myself by directly finding out their 411 on Coachella's website, but in my eyes that's cheating. I wanted to see the impact the band has had and how high their regonition was via the World Wide Web. I searched them as 'Aeroplane'  The Aeroplane' and then found the most results with 'The Aeroplanes' (ATTN: Coachella change their name on the line-up because they are 'The AEROPLANES') I came across their MySpace music page Wikipedia profile and Facebook page to find enough music and biography info to educate me on the band. I am glad I decided to go threw with this little endevor because if it wasn't for my curiousity I would have never come across this brit-rock band. 



    In 2003 Chris Kearney (guitar, vocals), Paul Crowe (guitar, vocals) and Stuart Palethorpe (bass) decided that their sound was going to take a different direction than had been practiced and decided to add drummer  Ian McMillan to then form The Aeroplanes. The band spent the next year and a half playing shows threw out their home town of Liverpool creating such a buzz that by 2005 they were already headlining their own shows. I guess we can thank Jeff Bridges for somewhat shining more light on the band because his request of having them included on 'The Moguls' soundtrack brought The Aeroplanes some international exposure. In 2006, The Aeroplanes schedule was booked by playing shows threw out Europe and then lead them to play at the SXSW festival in Texas. At the end of 2006 the band went on a full fledged tour threw out the UK and sold out their hometown show at The Carling Academy. 2007 marked another big year for the band by replacing bassist Staurt Palethorpe with Vicky Edwards. It was an easy fit for Vicky as he states “You would think it would be strange joining a band where all the members have grown up together, gone to school together, already toured around the world and had success, but there hasn't been one time where I've felt weird or like a newcomer."The band worked closely with Arctic Monkeys lead singer Mike Crossey  for their follow-up album. After coming across this fact it was no surprise as to why I automatically dug their sound. Not only do I enjoy their sound but many tv excec's do too by feauring their music on many tv programs. The band released their newest album Broken Hearts and Maladies last year which was noteworthy enough to land them a slot on the 2010 Coachella line-up. The Aeroplanes will be kicking off the first day of Coachella by playing on Friday April 16th. Check out their MySpace music page below for the most access to their music. Now go and click on the link!!!! these Brit's are worth keeping around. Trust me.

    The Aeroplanes MySpace Music

    No comments: